Eligible for participation are:
- Students - last year of Bachelor's or Master's Degree Program in Fashion Design
- Young designers (up to 35 years old), self-employed or employed by another brand
- Registration is open until 30/1/2019 - online on the contest website www.ideamoda.net
- Necessary information:
● Completed registration form
● Short CV (up to 1 page), photo of the applicant included
● Graduate diploma
● Certificate from a higher education institution (for students)
● For young designers: brief presentation of their previous work in a PDF document, certificate, awards, media appearances
- Deadline for receipt of paper portfolios: 23/02/2019 at:
21 Montevideo Street, NBU, Corpus 2, floor 5, office 509
1618, Sofia, Bulgaria
- Required materials:
● Portfolio in a single PDF file containing:
a description of the concept (up to 250 words)
color or black sketches and technical drawings of the designs, textile and knitwear material samples
● The collection should consists of 5 to 8 women’s or men’s wear
● Photo session can be presented if there is an existent collection already
* All projects and materials sent by the participants can be used to promote the contest (event catalog, website, blog, presentation of the participants, etc.)
● 25 - 28/02/2019
FIRST SELECTION BY THE JURY (12 finalists are selected)
Presentation of the collections in ready garments with a complete look (accessories, shoes, make-up, hair)
Final - public catwalk with media
* The organizers reserve the right to reject models that do not meet the project or professional performance requirements.
The jury consists of national and international fashion experts, designers, stylists, journalists, fashion photographers, etc. The selection criteria comprise creativity, Zeitgeist, innovation and applicability or a possibility to make applicable. At the final stage the preciseness and quality of work will be assessed.
- First award - BGN 10,000
- Second award - Master Program at the Fashion and Business Strategies Ministry of the NBU
- Third award - professional sewing machine "JUKI"
- Special awards:
● Textile support from Miroglio EAD
● Participation in "Balkan Fashion Week"
- All costs for the collections, travel expenses and accomodation in Sofia during the final of the contest are at the expense of the participants.
- The organizers ensure the complete preparation and realization of the final event (location, lighting, sound, technical performance, models, shooting, MUA).
All collections remain property of the designers. The organizers retain the rights to print and digital materials.
The organizers are not responsible for stolen and damaged portfolios and clothing.